Students’ lives have turned upside down as Coronavirus has forced 90 percent of kids around the world to miss in-person school.
Schools and students, we see you:
- Schools, we know you’re doing your best to support the emotional health of your students without seeing them in person.
- Students, we know you’re doing your best to learn, grow, and keep it all together without access to the people and places that used to encompass so much of your life.
- Parents, we know this has uprooted your lives, too. You’re juggling work, plus full-time childcare—all while working your hardest to help your kids learn.
But, there’s good news: we’re here to help (and we’re really good at it). Whether students are feeling the long-term effects of social isolation, grieving over missed proms/graduations/games, or are worried about their family, we’re here to help. Anyone can text SCHOOL to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor. Totally free, 24/7. We’re here—and we’re ready.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Download this toolkit to help students in get free, 24/7 crisis support at their fingertips.
- Sign up for your school-specific email list. We’re sharing monthly insights about how students are feeling across the country. Stay in the know so you can best help your students. (Email email@example.com to sign up for the list).
In the meantime, here are some ideas to bring 741741 to your school:
For administrators and teachers:
- Include a note about the importance of mental health support and the resource in all COVID-related communications
- Include “Text SCHOOL to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis counseling” in all staff email signatures.
- Integrate a note about the resource into online learning tools lunch as Canvas, Blackboard, Zoom, and Google Classroom.
- Share the resource regularly across all school social media using these assets.
- Print this flyer to include in students’ grab-and-go meals
For student leaders:
- Share these digital assets across social media accounts and include “Text SCHOOL to 741741” as a resource in your bio
- If you are the leader of a team, club, or student leadership organization, include the resource in community emails and announcements
- Share this toolkit with your peers to help get the word out about 741741 for people who need it!
- Start a social media challenge in your community to check in about mental health
- PRO TIP: Don’t forget to tag @crisistextline and “Text SCHOOL to 741741”