Welcome to the #ResourceSponge page, a place where #RelentlessSchoolNurses share our tools for care coordination. Read about being a #ResourceSponge. To add to this list, please send a brief explanation of the resource, including a working link to:
- Here is a link to the Promoting Health and Learning School Nursing Practice in New Jersey’s Public Schools Practice Guide
- The ultimate social service search engine – www.auntbertha.com
- Sign up for https://www.hhs.gov alerts and mailings: scroll to the bottom where you see the icons for Facebook, Twitter, etc. Next to that is the sign up for email updates.
- TLC – https://tlc4teens.org/ Traumatic Loss Coalitions for youth, see also http://ubhc.rutgers.edu/tlc/suicide_awareness.html
- 180 saving lives – https://180nj.org/ Domestic violence, help for children and families. 29% of domestic violence events are witnessed by children.
- FCP/DOW community directory – https://www.nj.gov/dcf/families/dfcp/ click on your county – also find school-linked services. For example – here’s the link for Somerset County: https://www.nj.gov/dcf/families/dfcp/DFCPdirectorySomerset.pdf
- NJ Connect – https://www.njconnectforrecovery.org/ addiction services adults and children.
- NAMI – https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- Here is a link to an interesting substance use disorder site: Our community offers unique perspectives on lifelong recovery and substance use prevention, empowering others through stories of strength and courage. From people in active recovery to advocates who have lost loved ones to the devastating disease of addiction, our community understands the struggle and provides guidance born of personal experience.www.drugrehab.com/guides/