What are your BIGGEST dreams about school nursing? If you had the ear of the decision makers who had a direct impact on your work, what would you tell them? What would you want them to know about your challenges and accomplishments? This is not out of our range! We have the ability to impact the Future of Nursing 2030 by sharing our visions for the future with the committee tasked with writing a consensus report that will shape the next decade of nursing.
Here are some questions to consider:
- What are the most unique challenges we face when caring for our students with complex health and social needs?
- Do you have students you fear are falling through the cracks? What do we need to help them move beyond surviving to thriving?
- Did you feel prepared for the work of school nursing? Did your education prepare you to help identify and address the complex health and social needs of today’s students?
- Who are your most important partners in caring for our most complex students and families?
- How do you track the positive outcomes of your work?
- What would your most innovative recommendations be to improve your practice if money, time, and red tape were no object?
Please email me at email@example.com. I am collecting this information from the field to present at the Future of Nursing 2030 Town Hall in Philadelphia on Wednesday, July 24th.
Your voice is important! I appreciate your contribution and respect your experience.