COVID-19: Recognizing Disparities during the Pandemic
Location: Go To Webinar
Contact Hours: 1.5
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
3:30-5:00 PM. Eastern Standard Time
FREE webinar Contact hours: 1.5
Go To Webinar link sent after registration. MUST click on the Register at Go To Webinar for the actual webinar link.
As a result of this 90-minute educational activity, participants will be able to:
1. Identify current morbidity and mortality data that suggests disparities for individuals and populations during the COVID-19 pandemic
2. Describe how Social Determinants of Health contribute to disparities in morbidity and mortality
3. Describe potential disparities existing for rural communities
4. Describe potential disparities among some communities of color (health, educational, food access, etc)
5. Identify ways in which the school nurse can respond to disparities during the COVID19 pandemic.Resources:
COVID-19 exacerbating inequalities in the US
Health care disparities in the Age of Coronavirus
Hospitalized COVID-19 patients Differences by Race and Sex
Startling disparities in digital learning emerge as COVID-19 spreads: UN education agencies. https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/04/1062232
Disparities in Remote Learning under Coronavirus
US must avoid building racial bias into COVID-19 Emergency Guidance
Neighborhood Inequities and COVID-19
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurse Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2019U003Commercial Support Disclosure:
This program has not received commercial support.Conflict of Interest Information:
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.