Author, journalist, researcher, science detective, and gifted educator, Donna Jackson Nakazawa has just launched Your Healing Narrative: Write-to-Heal With Neural Re-Narrating™. This course guides you step-by-step through over 100 lessons, activities, and strategies to harness the power of the brain and nervous system for calm, peace and possibility. Throughout this course you’ll go on a journey, using the process of writing-to-heal to recognize old, painful thought patterns; observe how your history of adversity may be affecting your health, relationships, and well-being; and begin rewriting your inner story to create a new, more powerful, resonant, and purposeful healing narrative that will help you to flourish in your life—even in the face of adversity.
This year has been chock-full of adversity, uncertainty and distress on so many levels: the worst pandemic in a hundred years, millions facing economic uncertainty, global climate change, and mounting political discord. Over time, facing unpredictable, chronic stressors can deliver us into a low-grade state of fight, flight, freeze, harming our immune system and our nervous system. Perhaps you’ve noticed changes in your mood, mindset, or health. Or, perhaps you’re not aware of the tension you may be holding onto as you keep on coping, and caregiving for those around you. Either way, over time, chronic stress can begin to take a toll on your long-term health.
Knowledge in and of itself is not enough to change old, neural patterns. When we try to change our thought patterns and reactions on our own, we automatically overlay old, ingrained thought patterns onto newly learned approaches.
In this program for healing professionals—through writing prompts developed over my 30 years as a science journalist eliciting interviewees’ most deeply felt emotions, memories, and insights, coupled with science-based writing-to-heal and mindfulness techniques–I teach you the process of “Neural Re-Narrating™.
- Recognize old, painful thought patterns.
Through this program, I take you on a journey that will help you recognize old, painful thought patterns; examine your internalized stories about yourself and the world; observe how your history of adversity may be affecting your current health, relationships, work, and well-being; and begin rewriting your inner story.
- Develop new, healthier responses.
By working within this workshop setting, with me guiding you through writing-to-heal techniques coupled with science-based trauma healing interventions and mindfulness methods, you can override your brain’s old, habitual reactions and begin to create new, healthier responses that change the brain and nervous system.
- Create a powerful healing narrative.
In this process—Neural Re-Narrating™—you will begin to uncover your internal resources for resiliency and create a new, more powerful and resonant healing narrative that will help you to flourish in your current life, even in the face of challenges and adversity.
Neural Re-Narrating™️ is a step-by-step, science-based program that will allow you to:
- Access new layers of self-awareness.
- Access deep new layers of healing.
- Tap into resources within yourself that have always been there.
- Create a new healing narrative, new habits of self-talk and self-compassion, and a sense of affection and loyalty to yourself.
- Feel more wholeheartedly present for yourself and others.
- Develop restorative techniques to move away from a high-stress state into feeling centered and calm.
- Harness the power of your nervous system to help you enjoy and savor positive mind states.
- Develop the skills you need for lifelong well-being.
- This course combines the most powerful expressive writing exercises with self-soothing mind-body techniques—all based on the latest neuroscience—to shift neural pathways and help you to become more resilient and flourish in your life.
What is inside this program?
This program combines the best tools of expressive writing with self-soothing mindfulness mind-body exercises. It is all based on the latest neuroscience and leads to what I call Neural Re-Narrating™—changing pathways in the brain to help us be more resilient and flourish even in the face of adversity.
- 8 lessons with 100+ activities
- 8+ hours of content plus all the videos and writing exercises
- 12 instructional videos offering insights into the latest neuroscience on adversity and resiliency
- 10 meditation and breathing exercise videos to help release anxiety and trauma, plus “take home” strategies for achieving new levels of inner calm to use in your daily life
- 10+ audio activities with writing, drawing, and mind-body exercises to help calm the brain, body, and nervous system, and help reset the stress response for peace and possibility
- 20+ writing prompts and exercises tapping into our conscious and unconscious thoughts and memories, accessing our innate resilience and capacity to heal
- and a private Facebook group for connection and support as you go through this program
Use this Promo code for $20 off — CALM2021 – Click here for more information:
Donna Jackson Nakazawa is an award-winning science journalist, author of six books, and an internationally-recognized speaker whose work explores the intersection of neuroscience, immunology, and human emotion. Her mission is to translate emerging science in ways that help individuals find new layers of healing. In this program—drawing upon her 30 years as a journalist eliciting interviewees’ most deeply felt emotions and insights, coupled with science-based expressive writing and mindfulness techniques—Donna teaches participants the process of “Neural Re-Narrating™.” She has offered this trauma-healing course to thousands of health care workers, physicians, practitioners, educators, and individuals facing high levels of stress on the front lines of the global pandemic.