Northeastern School Health Academy (NEUSHA) has curated another exciting Summer Academy for 2021. The topics are timely and the speakers are ready to share the most cutting edge information for our most consequential year in school nursing. I am honored to be one of the speakers this summer and am in great company! My presentation will focus on getting our messages out as school nurses!
The following information was retrieved from:
2021 Virtual Summer Academy
It Only Took a Pandemic…
August 9 and 10, 2021
PROMPTLY 10:15 am to 3:45 pm each day
9 Contact hours
Early Bird $119 pp before July 1st ($149 pp after July 1st)
As a result of participating in the 2-day conference, participants will be able to:
- Identify recommendations from the Future of Nursing 2020-2030 report that relate to school nursing, health equity and Social Determinants of Health and how recommendations can be implemented in schools/school districts
- Describe strategies and resources to support school nurses getting their messages out
- Identify how striving for perfectionism can hold nurses back from self-compassion, empathy for others, and improvements in our practice
- Describe how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the role of direct service school nurses and school nurse administrators, including efforts to address health equity and Social Determinants of Health
- Describe common skin problems in youth and how they’re treated
- Identify current, essential concepts about COVID-19 transmission and prevention in schools
- Identify developmental emotional health challenges of students
- Describe mentoring essentials: the purpose and value, process and resources, and evaluation and outcomes
- Describe current trends in youth vaping and tools to supports students at risk
- Name one strategy to use for self-care
- Name one strategy for self-care to share with students
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2019U003
Commercial Support Disclosure:
This program has not received commercial support.
Conflict of Interest Information:
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.