Thank you to the wonderful group at FAACT’s – Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Connections Team for inviting me to discuss what parents, students, and school nurses can do to prepare for a safe school year. We had a frank discussion about the importance of civil communication and collaboration to ensure safety for your children and teens.
Listen by clicking this link: https://www.buzzsprout.com/848314/11025487
Nationally certified school nurse, Robin Cogan, MEd, RN, NCSN, FNASN, FAAN, whose commentary has been featured on CNN and the New York Times to name a few, discusses best practices for working with your school nurse to update your student’s accommodations. Hear from one of the nation’s foremost school nurses to pick up new tips for the upcoming school year.
To keep you in the know, here are some helpful links:
- Our Children Will Suffer If Adults Can’t Get Covid-19 Precautions Right: Opinion article by Comilla Sasson/Robin Cogan
- CNN LIVE – Coronavirus Crisis: Featuring Robin Cogan, MEd, RN, NCSN
- FAACT’s Guest Blog on COVID-19 and Students with Food Allergies with AASA The School Superintendents Association
- FAACT’s Podcast: Responding to the CDC’s Interim Guidance and Meals in the Classroom
- FAACT’s Position Statement and Letter to the CDC regarding CDC’s Interim Guidance and Meals in the Classroom
- CDC’s Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs
- CDC’s Childcare, Schools, and Youth Programs
- Keep up-to-date by visiting FAACT’s Civil Rights Advocacy Resource Center
- FAACT’s Food Allergies and School
Sponsored by: Aimmune
* Please note that today’s guest was not sponsored by Aimmune or compensated in any way by Aimmune.