The deadline of January 31, 2020 is fast approaching for this unique contest to promote the important ways school nurses are promoting the NASN School Health Data Set Initiative – Every Student Counts!
Erin Maughan, PhD, MS, RN, PHNA-BC, FNASN, FAAN, NASN Director of Research sent out this Tweet, so of course, I wanted to help spread the word about this fun contest and to promote Every Student Counts! NASN wants to showcase how school nurses are promoting the importance of data in our practice.
This information is taken directly from the NASN website:
Data is important to advance school nursing. This is why NASN developed the data initiative: The National School Health Data Set: Every Student Counts! to help build capacity and understanding of school health data.
As part of this initiative we invite you to participate in a media contest by sharing ideas and ways you have promoted data. The goal is to identify several new materials (videos, infographics, or other mediums) that will be used to promote data use and NASN’s Every Student Counts! initiative. The unveiling of the grand prize entry will be on School Nurses Day in May.
Deadline for submissions: January 31, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Eastern
Criteria for selection of winners
- Clearly articulates how school nursing data can be used
- Degree of impact of data or actions
- Professional image of school nursing
- Generalization across several settings or locations
- If submission is a video or recording, length should be 1-3 minutes
Winners will be selected by a committee of school nurses and stakeholders.
A grand prize in each focus will be awarded, along with runner ups. Winners will receive a gift card. The number of winners will depend on number and type of submissions received. All winners will be announced in February 2020.
Directions for submission
Please email submissions to email@example.com or in a shared DropboxTM and share the link with firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the email, please include the following information. NOTE: You can copy and paste the following text into the body of the email.
Name of person submitting:
Email to use for correspondence:
Title of project:
Type of submission (video, infographic, other)
I (fill in your name) confirm this submission is original, and publication of the submission will not infringe on the rights of others. I have full power to grant ownership to NASN as stated herein.
(typed named, which will be used in place of a signature)
Submissions not including this information will be sent back. If your entry includes photos or videos of individuals a video, please also include the video/photo waiver form for each individual who is featured.
- Must be 18 years of age to submit a submission.
- All submissions become the property of NASN, and all entrants grant NASN the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the submission without compensation or notification.
- No copyrighted materials may be used (music, images, etc.), unless the entrant owns the copy right or has a license to use the material. Written approval of any copyright material should be included with submission.
- All federal, state, and local taxes on prize value are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
- No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted.
- Odds of winning will depend upon the number of submissions.
Here is the official flyer, please share within your districts and state school nurse organizations. Data 4 School Nurses Media Contest